Apprentice Farm Worker FIONA ELIZABETH BURN, HUGH BURN & JENNIFER BURN
Barmoor Red House Farm are looking to welcome an apprentice, who does not need to have any previous experience, into their farm to learn all aspects of working with our livestock.
Closing date: 02 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
12 Dec 2022
13 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
With no previous experience necessary, we would love to welcome to our family farm, an apprentice who will be learning all aspects including:
- Working with the livestock to make sure their health and wellbeing
- Checking the feed and water are readily available
- Moving between various locations on the farm areas
- Watching during vets visits, learning how to support when necessary
- Helping to check field fencing and hedges to make sure it’s all intact, repairing and replacing where needed
- Looking at what kind of paperwork and documents are needed to be kept in farming
- How to adhere to strict health and safety regulations
- All other parts of managing livestock through their life cycle
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Workplace based and an assessor will visit regularly to check you are on track with your learning, provide you with tasks and resources to learn the units in the apprenticeship programme.
General Farm Worker (Livestock) Level 2.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The possibility of full time employment on the farm, putting to use the skills you have learned during training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-2 or A*-E or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
FIONA ELIZABETH BURN, HUGH BURN & JENNIFER BURN
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
General farm worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.