Level 3 Healthcare Team leader apprenticeship New Directions
Sefton’s leading care provider, New Directions, is now recruiting for a Team Leader in Poplars, Southport. We currently employ around 350 dedicated staff who pride themselves on delivering high quality social care and support to vulnerable adults within the Sefton area.
Closing date: 30 Dec 2022
£24,600- £27,160 per year
Total hours per week: 31.5
Possible start date
31 Dec 2022
16 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Purpose of the job:
- Support and assist in the daily operation of the service ensuring that its provision is compliant with relevant legislation, Company policies and other relevant guidance.
- Oversee the delivery of the service, working with a person-centred focus to promote well-being, choice, dignity, development, independence and inclusion.
- Deputise for the Registered Service Manager to take temporary control as required.
- Supervise and support all care and support staff ensuring that they are fully trained to carry out their role and provide a high-quality service within a safe working environment.
- Assist in the management of client care including admission, discharge, medication management and daily care routines to ensure that services users have appropriate care plans to ensure that services meet individual needs, choices and personal outcomes.
- Follow all safeguarding procedures to ensure the protection of service users whilst in the care of the Centre.
- Carry out risk assessment processes, ensuring that risks to personal safety are identified and managed so that they do not become a barrier to developing independence.
- Attend to the physical and personal needs of those service users who require such assistance.
- Attend and participate in the weekly multi-disciplinary team meeting and client reviews as required.
- Ensure all shifts are adequately and efficiently covered by fully utilising staff resources appropriately to meet service users’ needs.
- Arrange, participate and co-ordinate activities for service users and supervise the monitoring of the Activity Programme.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, service users, stakeholders, visitors, family members and other agencies/professionals.
- Work in co-operation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams to maximise opportunities for therapeutic care.
- Maintain open effective communication to ensure that all staff are well informed and responsive to the needs of people we support and their carers/relatives.
- Assist in the maintenance of all systems to monitor standards, performance and quality, providing management information as and when required.
- Participate in available training and development activities as required.
- Always maintain confidentiality of client information ensuring that the data information is lawfully gathered, accurate and up to date and only divulged in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations.
- Undertake any other duties as directed from time to time to meet the operational needs of the service.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This level 3 Team Leader apprenticeship training programme develops focused, high achieving, and knowledgeable leaders who lead a team to deliver outstanding patient care.
It is suitable for those taking their first step into line management, as well as those who are experienced in managing a team or a project with clearly defined outcomes.
You will learn valuable methods to improve performance and will undertake training to develop your skills, knowledge and behaviours in a number of areas that are considered essential aspects of leadership, in a healthcare setting, such as managing people, developing relationships, delivering results, managing yourself and supporting with CQC inspections.
All elements of this training programme have been developed with patient care at their core, ensuring that high-quality provision of care remains at the forefront of all development.
Once completed, you can become an associate or member of the Institute of Leadership and Management or Chartered Management Institute. With experience, you could also progress onto our Operations/Departmental Manager apprenticeship programme.
For more details on your apprenticeship journey, please visit: https://impactfutures.co.uk/learners/level-3-healthcare-leader/
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
IMPACT FUTURES TRAINING LIMITED
Team leader or supervisor
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.