Our skilled team will provide onsite training to enable you to complete your chef apprenticeship qualification and provide the necessary skills to move up the ladder. We are an award-winning restaurant that will offer full time employment in a fun and rewarding career. We pay the minimum wage, not the apprenticeship wage, plus great tips.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
£8,754.20 to £17,290.00
Tips are paid in addition to wage. Average £3,000 per year for full time hours
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
16 Aug 2022
30 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Our apprentices become a member of the team. This means a weekly schedule of working alongside all the chefs in every section. Training will include:
- Knife skills
- Food preparation
- Hands on during service
- Cleaning and environmental health training
- Daily record taking for our safe food folder
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Training will focus on the preparation of fresh ingredients and the processes to create each dish. The second part of training will be using the skills learnt to help during service to cook and plate the dishes to send out to the customers.
- All training will take place in our main kitchen at The Royal Oak in Long Whatton, Leicestershire, LE12 5DB
- The training is split over a working week that we agree with the apprentice to allow the correct hours to complete the course and match the earnings required by the apprentice
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- After the successful completion of Commis Chef Level 2 we would offer the apprentice a full-time position as Commis Chef
- We would continue to train and expect them to be at junior chef de partie level after another year
- A further year would lead to a chef de partie postion
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
CATCH 22 CHARITY LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.