Apprentice Chef Queens Head - Everards
Do you want to become part of the kitchen team at Queens Head? No experience is necessary. Training on all aspects of the kitchen will be given. Apply for our chef vacancy today!
Closing date: 07 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Sep 2017
31 Aug 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist more experienced chefs in preparing meals in either part or in full using fresh ingredients and making food from scratch
- Responsible for executing allocated dishes on time to the required standard
- Work as part of the kitchen team under the direction of the head chef, sous chef and chef de parties to support the demands of the kitchen
- Attend college and complete 2 year apprenticeship
- Work in a clean and tidy manner
- Undertake training as required
- Maintain a positive and pro active attitude at all times
- Actively seek to improve skills and achieve personal development
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Comply at all times with the Staff Code of Conduct
- Comply with the provisions of your contract and any of our Company Policies and set an example for newer members of staff
- Seek to ensure at all times that all visitors or guests on our sites have the best experience possible
Requirements and prospects
- Novice, maybe with some skills from previous work establishments if they have already worked
- Hard working
- Willing to learn
- Desire to succeed in catering
School qualifications, merits at school
Things to consider
About the employer
A friendly welcome awaits all customers from local villages, as well as visitors from further afield, looking to drink and dine in a beautiful part of Leicestershire, with one of the best views in the county with the rolling hills of South Leicestershire and Saddington reservoir.
The Queens Head is the perfect setting to enjoy dinner with friends, or relax in our courtyard area overlooking the view with a pint of local ale, or a coffee with our varied menu to our fantastic Sunday Lunch menu. With Free Wi-Fi available too business lunches can be enjoyed without missing that vital e-mail.
Children are more than welcome, with a large garden to play in and children menus available, as well.
The Queens Head is the perfect setting to enjoy dinner with friends, or you could meet for a 'Pie & Pint' lunch, or simply relax whilst enjoying a great cup of coffee on our terrace and relishing our fabulous countryside view.
So, if you would like to visit us for a drink, some lunch, dinner or attend one of our fantastic events - we look forward to seeing you very soon.
- Level 2 NVQ in Kitchen Services or Professional Cookery
- Level 2 BTEC in Kitchen Services or Professional Cookery
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in Maths
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking
Catering and Professional Chefs
HIT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HIT Training Ltd
Ria Bramhall - 07538 334561 - email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 07 Sep 2017