Nursery Assistant Apprentice Rising Stars Daycare
Rising Stars Daycare are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and motivated individual to join their team of professionals, providing a high standard of childcare for children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
29 Aug 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Adhering to the Policies & Procedures of the Nursery and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the National Standards. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical and emotional needs.
- Working with the Nursery Nurse on planning and preparation of activities, to meet children's individual needs, liaising with parents and negotiating working targets ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenge situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Keeping of development records, observations, being a key person and communicating with parents and other agencies.
- Positive management of children's behaviour.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for Students and help new staff to fit into the nursery and work as part of a team.
- Ensure that any accidents, incidents are recorded.
- Ensure that the correct process and preparation for the supervision of meals and mealtimes takes place.
- Attendance of staff meetings as arranged by the Nursery Manager.
- Participating in regular parents' evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Nursery Manager, Deputy and Owner of the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills.
- GCSE's C in Maths and English Language or above preferable (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
Rising Stars Daycare
Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT if required.
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017