Hairdressing Apprenticeship Blu Hair & Beauty
No experience needed! Want to work in a fun, vibrant ever changing industry? Learn a skill that can open many doors? Earn a wage whilst learning? No course fees= no student loan debt! Attend college twice a month! No essays or coursework to comple
Closing date: 20 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
26 Aug 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Full training will be provided
Your day to day jobs will be:
- Assisting Stylists with their clients by shampooing and mixing colours
- Customer service
- Blow dry clients hair
- Straighten and curl clients hair
- Apply colour to clients hair
- Cut clients hair
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for applications from individuals who have the following skills:
- You need to be confident and have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Good customer service and communication skills are vital in this role
- You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach
- You must be organised and have good attentions to detail
- You should be self driven and have an enthusiastic approach to work with a desire to succeed in Hairdressing
- It is essential that you are helpful and friendly
- A professional appearance is essential
- You should be interested in the Hairdressing industry
- There are no entry requirements
- NVQ 2 Barbering
- NVQ 3 Hairdressing
- Assessor course (TAQA)
- Qualified Hairdresser
- Cruise Ships
- Self Employed
- Own Salon
Things to consider
- This role will involve working with chemicals and heated equipment
- You will have to keep the salon clean and tidy throughout the day
- You will have to make tea and coffee for the clients throughout the day
- You will have to work weekends and late nights
About the employer
Based in the former "Horsefayre" famous for centuries for horse and livestock trading, it benefits from easy access and a fascinating history.
With a wide range of products and services to choose from, you will be spoilt for choice. As a premium stockist for major hair care products such as Joico, Tigi and La Brasiliana, you can rest assured, whatever treatment you decide on, it will help your outside feel as good as your inside.
- You will study both practical and theory at Intuitions Ltd in Harrogate
- Attendance at Intuitions is 1 day per fortnight (twice a month)
- You will gain an NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing
School of Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Intuitions Ltd
- You can contact the employer direct.
- The weekly hours will be a minimum of 30 and a maximum of 40 and you will be paid accordingly for the hours worked based on the National Minimum Wage for apprentices
- The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2017