Apprentice Commis Chef The Pheasant Inn
Great opportunity to join a new & friendly team at The Pheasant, a pub that always pushes forward to improve its offerings.Gain experience & a qualification in Professional Cookery with the prospect of a range of progression options for the right candidate
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
03 Oct 2017
19 Aug 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a great opportunity for a motivated Apprentice Commis Chef to be part of a new and friendly team at The Pheasant.
We pride ourselves on our ability to constantly push forwards and improve our offering and for the right candidate there will be a range of opportunities for progression.
We are a newly refurbished pub with eleven en-suite guest rooms offering an adventurous drinks menu, flavoursome modern British cooking and luxurious accommodation with outstanding value and a warm, relaxed welcome.
Everything is made on site and we source locally using the best seasonal produce we can find.
There is always something new to watch and learn, we change our menus monthly and offer a variety of daily specials.
Main duties will include;
• Assisting with the preparation of fresh produce every day before service
• Plating and serving food during service
• Working with us in creating new menus
• Collectively working alongside the kitchen team to ensure the cleanliness and hygiene of all areas are kept to a excellent standard
• Ensure compliance with relevant Health and Safety and Food Hygiene requirements
• Supporting the smooth running of the kitchen and the front of house staff to achieve the highest levels of customers satisfaction
- The starting salary will be reviewed and an increase is possible in line with progress made through the qualification.
- The typical working hours will be 30 hours per week with a mix of split and straight shifts between the hours of 8am and 11pm
Requirements and prospects
- Previous kitchen experience is preferred but not essential
- A passion about food is essential
- Hard working
- Good at working in a team
- Forward thinking
- 5 GCSEs at Grade D or higher including Maths and English (or equivalent)
- The long term plan is for us to open 4 – 6 bespoke country inns so there will be lots of opportunity to progress up the ladder all the way to Head Chef.
- We are keen to support and reward staff who are willing to commit 100% to us.
Things to consider
About the employer
The Apprenticeship will include;
- Competency Based Element: NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Knowledge Based Element: Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery)
- Functional Skills in Maths & English (Both Level 1)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Attendance is required at Newbury College for the taught element of the programme (Typically 1 day a week)
- Assessment of competency is carried out in the workplace by a Newbury College Assessor
- Functional Skills tuition is delivered at Newbury College (if required)
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newbury College
Stefanie Josey / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
From 1 October 2016 the rate will increase by 3% to £3.40 per hour.
The Wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017