1st Line Technical Support and Testing Apprentice EGRESS SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
Estio Training is looking for an Apprentice who is keen to work in a support and software testing role in Barnsley. The role would ideally suit an and ambitious person who is professional, well organised, with a keen attention to detail.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Nov 2017
18 Aug 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Egress Software Technologies is the leading provider of cloud-based email and file encryption software, offering innovative on-demand data security to enable businesses to share confidential information with third parties via secure file transfer software.
Estio Training is looking for an Apprentice who is keen to work in a support and software testing role in Barnsley. The role would ideally suit a young and ambitious person who is professional, well organised, with a keen eye for detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initially to act a 1st line support help desk technician, raising and allocating problem tickets for clients on any IT related issue using our online systems.
- Answering Service Desk Calls in an efficient and courteous manner helping to resolve simple issues during the call.
- Escalating tickets internally to other team members as appropriate.
- Identify and isolate technical issues and initiate action as appropriate.
- Consult with technical colleagues to resolve complex IT problems and issues.
- Represent this company in technical forums and projects.
- Document and deploy technical process and procedures.
- Quality assurance and testing beta software versions of our product.
- Be interested in the IT environment away from the workplace, keep up to date with new technologies and read industry specific literature.
- Answer Service Desk calls and respond to client queries online or via email.
- Deal with technical problems accordingly and promptly, fixing issues where possible remotely.
- Escalate any issues that require more senior input to the suitable person internally.
Level 3 Estio IT Apprenticeships
1st Line Technical Support and Testing Apprentice
Please contact email@example.com or call 01422 898 888
Requirements and prospects
- Communicate with and support colleagues, customers, and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of standard applicable computing disciplines including change, configuration, problem, performance, and operational management.
- 5 GCSE’s at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths).
- The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Things to consider
About the employer
EGRESS SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
Learners will receive twelve weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017