Apprentice Security Operations Engineer ACCUMULI SECURITY LTD
Estio Training has an excellent opportunity for an apprentice to join a growing Security Managed Services provider based in Leeds.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Nov 2017
18 Aug 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Estio Training has an excellent opportunity for an apprentice to join a growing Security Managed Services provider based in Leeds. Working from the Operations Centre, the role will initially involve answering and taking charge of 1st line calls, troubleshooting both hardware and software issues, system builds and commissioning and assessing and reporting back on network and security incidents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- An excellent phone manner
- Willingness to learn
- A keen interest and proven ability of IT knowledge (education or self tuition)
- Fault finding/trouble shooting ability
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts (TCP/IP, routing etc)
- Knowledge of basic security concepts and security technologies
- Experience in a customer facing role
- As an Apprentice Technician within this company, you will be expected to:
- Be interested in the IT environment away from the workplace, keep up to date with new technologies and read industry specific literature.
- Answer Service Desk calls and respond to client queries online or via email.
- Deal with technical problems accordingly and promptly, fixing issues where possible remotely.
- Escalate any issues that require more senior input to the suitable person internally
Level 3 Estio IT Apprenticeships
Apprentice Security Operations Engineer
Please contact email@example.com or call 01422 898 888
Requirements and prospects
- Communicate with and support colleagues, customers, and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of standard applicable computing disciplines including change, configuration, problem, performance, and operational management.
- 5 GCSE’s at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Things to consider
About the employer
ACCUMULI SECURITY LTD
Learners will receive eleven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017