Level 2 Health and Social Care Advanced Apprentice MAURICARE LIMITED
A fantastic training opportunity to join Ashview House Residential Care Home to provide general care for clients, and gain a Level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
22 Aug 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Health Care Apprentice required to support other Carers in the general care of residents, the role will involve:
- Supporting residents with personal care including bathing, washing, oral hygiene, shaving, toileting, hair and nail care
- Supporting residents to mobilise
- Supporting residents with eating and drinking – serving food and drinks, assisting residents to eat and drink if required, clearing away after meals
- Supporting residents with activities and interests
- Laundry duties
- Some domestic duties including cleaning
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to recognise poor practice
- Knowledge of the Safeguarding Process
- Ability to recognise and report hazards
- Able to carry out moving and positioning techniques (after training)
- Ability to show empathy
- Accurate record keeping
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to work independently
- Behavioural Competencies
- Using initiative
- Communicating effectively
- Self - development
- Quality focused
- People skills
- Suggested Performance Measures
- Timekeeping and punctuality
- Work attendance
About the employer
We believe above all else, that our role is to not only maintain, but to enhance our residents quality of life and that getting older should be a celebration of experience and wisdom.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care to include:
- CACHE Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (QCF)
- Functional Skills in English and Maths at Level 2 (unless exempt)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Health and Social Care
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017