NURSERY APPRENTICE Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery Ltd
A superb opportunity has arisen for two Apprentices to work at Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery Ealing. We are looking to recruit enthusiastic and motivated individuals who can bring unique skills and innovation to our nursery.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
27 Aug 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
A superb opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice to work in our Ealing Nursery. We are looking to recruit enthusiastic and motivated individuals who can bring unique skills and innovation to our nursery. We will then train them up to either a Level 2 or a Level 3 depending on qualifications.
The duties of an Apprentice Nursery Assistant will include:
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all children in your care, and promoting a feeling of security and satisfaction amongst all parents.
- Caring for the daily needs of the children to enhance their physical, intellectual, social and emotional development.
- Contribute effectively to the team, maintaining a high level of communication throughout the entire nursery.
The key attributes of an Apprentice Nursery Nurse include:
- Being passionate about early year’s education, and empowering children to reach their maximum potential.
- Some experience of working with children under the age of five an advantage.
- Excellent career opportunities for the right candidates. The candidates must be committed to the safeguarding and promoting of the welfare of children. All appointees must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including references with past employers and an enhanced Criminal Record Bureau check.
32 hours per week (4 days per week, 8 hours per day, at the nursery).
Requirements and prospects
• Be able to work as part of a team
• Be able to handle complaints and difficult situations if required
- A commitment and willingness to undertake further training
- Previous experience of working with young children an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for L2 applicants.
- Knowledge of child protection procedures.
- Good communication skills.
- An understanding of play-based approaches to children’s learning and development.
- Commitment to inclusive practice
- Commitment to working effectively with young children and families.
- Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
- Professional and flexible
- Driven and positive
- Well presented, polite, tactful and friendly.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Things to consider
Please only apply if you:
Are 16 years old or over
Are not in full time education at College, School or undertaking a course paid for by the Government
Are willing to work for at least 30 hours per week
Can provide proof of National Insurance number
Can learn and obtain English, Maths & ICT to Level 1 or 2. Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
About the employer
Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery Ltd
• Transferable skills in Maths and English
• Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Children and Young People's Workforce
WEST THAMES COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by West Thames College
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017