Customer Service Apprentice LITTLEJOHN & CO LTD
An apprentice is require to assist in maximising sales and profit by carrying out allocated tasks in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of the store and staff and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers,colleagues and visitors.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2017
03 Aug 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Key tasks and Responsibilities:
- To deliver customer service in line with SPAR Cowgate Service standards.
- To contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward.
- To use initiative, training, relevant processes and policies to ensure the security of stock, cash and people.
- To comply with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training.
- Adherence to cash and stock control training.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of “The SPAR Way” and appropriate levels of the Competency Framework.
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with Data Protection Act.
- Demonstrate commitment to Equality and Diversity.
- Comply with Health and Safety responsibilities in line with the company Health, Safety & Environmental Policy.
- Comply with all other policy and legal requirements in relation to role.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in a food retail environment (or similar).
- Experience of using a Challenge 25 policy.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- A driver would be desirable however, not essential.
- Some understanding of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skill to assist with those responsibilities.
- Ability to contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward.
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy)/ GCSE A-C or equivalent.
About the employer
- Training will be provided by City College Peterborough.
- Training is work based meaning you spend 4 days a week at placement and 1 day a week at college. This includes functional skills classes where applicable.
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service.
- Functional Skills Level 1 English and Maths - if required.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Level 2 Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
City College Peterborough
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Peterborough
This job description describes the main responsibilities of the post holder but is not intended to cover in detail all the tasks required of the post. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties as requested by management; however these will not be unreasonable and will be appropriate to the level of post.
As circumstances change, responsibilities may be amended to reflect new requirements of the post but levels of responsibility and the nature of duties will remain consistent. The post holder will be fully consulted on any significant changes.
NMW For apprentices:
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017