Administration/it/Marketing Apprentice AUTO FURNITURE (CSP) LIMITED
This is an exciting opportunity to work for CPS joinery company undertaking varied duties. You will be working with a hardworking and friendly team.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Oct 2017
04 Aug 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will include various administration duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- To professionally answer internal and external calls received within three rings or as soon as possible and to direct promptly to the required recipient.
- To announce all calls received whether external or internal.
- To ensure that all messages taken are 100% accurate and are sent to the recipient immediately.
- Deal with outgoing post ensuring that all mail is recorded with the correct amount of postage and put into the correct Royal mail bags.
- To accept and sign for Special/Recorded delivery Items when needed, to inform the recipient or the arrival of the document/parcel
- To ensure that accurate records are kept of staff movements, appointments etc.
- Scanning, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents.
- To organise and maintain the office filing system
- Placing orders with suppliers and maintaining order book records
- Using adobe suite and other software packages to produce marketing information
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- To perform the daily task of Ebay invoices for stickers, scanning and picking and printing of all stickers
- Design and develop a social media network, promoting new sales and awareness
- To design and update websites/social media accounts
- To produce marketing information for the company
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors.
- To assist or re-direct visitors
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Support to members of the Management Team
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a
- high level of accuracy
- Dealing with stationary/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- To work in conjunction with members of staff to identify any training and development needs/requirements.
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner.
- Previous experience of using Adobe suite and other software packages would be an advantage
- Must have a good level of literacy skills.
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages.
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Confident in using email and the internet.
- The successful candidate will be organised.
- Willing to work effectively in the team.
- An enthusiastic individual
- To maintain a good working relationship with all work colleagues and the Management Team.
- To maintain good personal presentation and appearance at all times.
- To continually strive for self-motivation to be prepared to accept greater responsibility within the Company.
- Confidently liaise and communicate with the office any information which will assist in the smooth running of the department/business.
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual,
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications. The Marketing Apprenticeship may be one option.
Things to consider
Please check the time it will take for you to travel as well as the cost.
About the employer
The candidate will understand the following: Organising and administering meetings, manage diary systems, how to use different office equipment, organisation of travel and accommodation, use of mail services in a business, understand customer service in a business, how to prepare different types of business documents, understand data protection, confidentiality, copyright, security, how information is managed in business organisations, laws, health and safety as well as confirming understanding of the company’s policies.
Delivered in college – The delivery starts in April or September, on a Wednesday.
o Maths Level 1 then 2
o English Level 1 then 2
o ICT Level 1
(Exemptions may apply if GCSE Grade C or
equivalent has been achieved)
You will be required to attend college one day per week for this training.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Tel: 01484 437066/07788390025
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
Candidates will be asked to complete a literacy & numeracy assessment as part of their application.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From the 1st October 2016 the NMW for apprentices will be £3.40). This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017