Administrative Assistant Apprenticeship The Harington Scheme
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and hard-working individual to join our successful company providing support to staff members and managers.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
31 Oct 2017
01 Aug 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with answering all incoming telephone calls, diverting callers, taking messages and dealing with general enquiries.
- Assist with reception of visitors to premises.
- Support teachers with downloading resources/photos, photocopying and collating as required.
- To deal with all incoming and outgoing post, and ensure postage at least one daily.
- Assisting in the maintenance of attendance records staff and learners leave and sickness.
- Typing/word processing letters, reports and all other typing requirements of the company. Accuracy, good presentation and layout are essential.
- Assist with maintaining accurate records and inputting data into spreadsheets, databases and other computer based systems.
- Assist with general record keeping and filing - paper based and electronic.
- To deliver administrative support to the management team, responding to a variety of admin requests, and learning how to prioritise and manage these effectively.
- Assist in ensuring the smooth running of the office.
- Assisting in the preparation of making weekly and receiving cash payments, icnl. petty cash, free meals, shop sales and floats.
- Assist in the maintenance of records of payments made/received, orders/deliveries, grants and donations and entering data into computerised accounts (Xero).
- Assist with the processing of invoices (incoming and out-going) and the recording/banking of payments received.
To demonstrate a positive attitude to the work of the charity and its service users.
Observe confidentiality and data protection protocols in all appropriate areas of your work.
To ensure that Health & Safety, data protection, Equality & Diversity, Safeguarding, and all Harington Scheme policies are fully complied with.
To carry out any other tasks that may be required by the Scheme Manager, as commensurate with the grade.
Requirements and prospects
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent computer skills i.e. able to use e-mail, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and internet to send and retrieve information and to accurately enter data into applications.
- Able to carry out tasks accurately following instruction
- Able (or keen to learn how) to communicate effectively and sensitively with colleagues, service users with learning difficulties and members of the public
- Approachable and self motivated
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work on own and within team
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Awareness of health & safety and security issues
- Be able to work independently
About the employer
The Harington Scheme
For more information on Apprenticeships at First Rung please watch the video link below:
Apprentice Nadia Khatun talks about why she loves her job
Business and Administration
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Apprentice National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The rate for apprentices (or if aged 19, for their first year only) is £3.30. This is the legal minimum pay per hour. Most receive more; a median basic hourly pay rate of £6.31 for Level 2 and 3, and £9.68 for Level 4 and 5 Higher Apprentices.
From 1 October 2016 the rate will increase by 3% to £3.40 per hour
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017