Academy 4 Kids Day Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Academy 4 Kids Day Nursery
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Aug 2017
15 Jul 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times.
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety.
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities. To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress.
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance.
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language.
- As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils
- Whole Nursery record keeping
- Participating in meetings relating to: curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on nursery premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence.
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the nursery and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child.
- To implement the Centres/ Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully. To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status.
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan.
- To render first aid in accordance with policy.
- To support the nursery by participating in events on site.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
GCSE's C in Maths and English Language or above preferable (or equivalent).
Further Training and potential full-time employment.
About the employer
Academy4Kids Day Nursery is situated in a beautiful listed building, primarily as St James’ School, founded in 1809 as a school for boys. In the summer of 2003 Academy4Kids was established.
Academy4Kids is a bright, welcoming and stimulating nursery for children from 3 months to 5 years. Our practice and facilities include:
Purpose built setting with extensive outside space
Children spend the majority of time outside, digging, planting, investigating, building, exploring and playing
Woodland area where we splash, run, get messy, camp and doze
Qualified staff provide excellent child led activities around the foundation stage
Resident chef prepares superb nutritious based meals with fresh produce every day
Extra curricular activities including French and physical exercise classes
Car parking space for parents attached to the setting
- Level 2/3 Childcare
- Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT if required
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
A DBS Check will be required
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017