IT Support Apprentice Premier EPOS
An exciting opportunity has arrived to join an expanding cutting edge technology business.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
12 Jul 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Level 3 Estio IT Apprenticeships
IT Support Apprentice
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 898888
An exciting opportunity has arrived to join an expanding cutting edge technology business. We are looking for ambitious staff to join our highly successful technical support team assisting clients in fixing and maintaining their EPOS systems.
Premier EPOS is an award winning business that has grown extensively over the past 10 years. We are at the cutting edge of technology, and our development teams are constantly working on new projects. We require highly motivated people, who have a keen interest in furthering their career to come into our young dynamic team.
We were founded on the belief that all businesses and entrepreneurs should be able to use the power of technology to grow their businesses, and since our launch in 2006 we have helped hundreds of businesses to expand and improve efficiency.
We work hard and play hard within our business, and this allows us to employ great people, instil a great work ethic and business acumen and allows us to look to promote from within.
All of our senior members of staff have started at the bottom and made their way up through the company. This we feel is the best way to allow our business to grow through investing in our team and allowing them to gain more responsibility as their skills develop.
You will be responsible for giving support and solving technical issues over the phone and also via email and face to face.
The successful applicant will have a high level of understanding of Computers both software and hardware and will have an interest in learning new things related to computers.
The Candidate will ideally have knowledge and experience of using multiple software packages such as
• Knowledge of EPOS systems and how they work
• The Microsoft office suite.
• Adobe Photoshop and other design products
• SQL management Studio and/or MySQL
• Adobe Creative Suite
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium.
- Provide training to clients in the use of system and applications as related to Internet.
- Obtain general understanding of the Retail Management Software, Teamviewer and application operations related to company offered services.
- Identify and correct or advise, on operational issues in client computer systems.
- Perform creation of new accounts using company provided software tools.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience with hardware and software issues.
- Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
What we offer in return:
- Basic Salary and Exceptional Commission Scheme
- Fantastic Prizes!
- Modern office environments
- Ability to skill up and great promotion opportunities!
Requirements and prospects
- Grow into a Service Engineer
- Develop your technical skills and become more involved in the IT side of the business
- Potential to move into more senior / managerial roles.
- Be a part of a growing innovative company
- Gain a respected profession transferable across many areas
Things to consider
should the right applicant be found the vacany may close early**
About the employer
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
Level 3 Diploma in Professional
Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
PLTS and ERR
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
Microsoft MTA - Networking Fundamentals
Microsoft MTA – Windows Operating System Fundamentals
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017