Stars Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Apprentice Nursery Assistant
STARS NURSERY LIMITED
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
40 hours Mon - Fri
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Aug 2017
05 Jul 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Roles and responsibilities:
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times.
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety.
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities. To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress.
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance.
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language.
- As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils
- Whole Nursery record keeping
- Participating in meetings relating to: curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on nursery premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence.
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the nursery and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child.
- To implement the Centres/ Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully. To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status.
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan.
- To render first aid in accordance with policy.
- To support the nursery by participating in events on site.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
GCSEs C in Maths and English Language or above preferable (or equivalent qualifications).
Further training and potential full-time employment.
Things to consider
A DBS Check will be required.
About the employer
Stars nursery was set up by 2 working mums in 2010 to provide a one stop drop for families. Located in a prime location, on site at Wolfson Hillel school in Southgate we provide parents care for children of different ages in one place, making the morning school run so much smoother for many parents.
The nursery boasts fantastic outside play area, a sensory room. under the sea baby room, a jungle themed toddler room and the over 2's rainbow room with four-themed rooms to give children an opportunity to explore the six areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage identified by Ofsted, with an additional Limudei Kodesh curriculum. Many of the children leave the nursery and join the foundation stage at Wolfson Hillel School seamlessly with their friends.
- Level 2 or 3 in Childcare
- Functional Skills in Maths, English, and ICT (if required)
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
More information is available at: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017