IT Support Apprentice J & C Joel Ltd
Reporting to the Head of IT, this role requires the ideal candidate to provide day-to-day IT support to the business, including logging of calls and provide 1st line technical support.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
05 Jul 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Level 3 Estio IT Apprenticeships
£7,000 - £9,000
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 898888
Reporting to the Head of IT, this role requires the ideal candidate to provide day-to-day IT support to the business, including logging of calls and provide 1st line technical support. The ideal candidate will be able to work under pressure, have excellent verbal communication skills. The candidate must be able to use their own initiative to achieve results.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Resolving/escalating all reported IT issues.
- Responsible for data backups and resolving/escalating where necessary
- Provide effective and efficient 1st fault resolution
- Follow up on outstanding calls
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers and service providers
- Maintaining network printers
- Microsoft AD administration
- Troubleshooting issues across Microsoft desktop and server estate
- New user PC builds
- Network/PABX patching
- Microsoft updates to be applied across the IT estate on a monthly basis.
- Supporting end users with the ERP system.
- Any other ad-hoc duties, as requested by Line Manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Support of 3rd party software
- Knowledge of TCP/IP methodology, operation and network facilities
- Configuration of network printers
- Some familiarity of ITIL principles
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent technical skills
Things to consider
About the employer
J & C Joel Ltd
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive twelve weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017