Apprentice IT Service Desk Analyst Plexus Law Ltd
Within the role you will learn and develop skills within Active Directory, GPO, Microsoft Exchange, Windows Terminal Services, IP Telephony, and Microsoft Office. The successful candidate will provide support to the Service Desk Team supporting a user co
Closing date: 06 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
20 Nov 2017
01 Jul 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Level 3 IT Apprenticeship
Apprentice IT Service Desk Analyst
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 898888
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice IT Service Desk Analyst based in Leeds.
This company are a specialist defendant insurance practice with offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Croydon, Evesham, Liverpool and associated offices in Scotland. The firm works with insurance companies, corporate and public sector clients and the Lloyd’s market.
- To work in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge which will assist the apprentice to complete their qualification and secure employment and progress in their career in the future.
- Within the role you will learn and develop skills within Active Directory, GPO, Microsoft Exchange, Windows Terminal Services, IP Telephony, and Microsoft Office.
- The successful candidate will provide support to the Service Desk Team supporting a user community of 1000+.
- Logging and categorising calls on the call logging system with high standards of detail.
- Proactive in providing feedback and to the user regarding an issue until a resolution can be found.
- Liaising with intermediate support teams within the department and also third party companies.
- Escalate unresolved incidents to second line support teams.
- Record clearly and concisely the fault and resolution at a detailed level and in line with any timescales set out in the Service Level Agreement.
- To manage the support provision from any third party supplier's.
- To provide trend analysis from Service Desk software including the creation of daily/weekly reports.
- To provide customers with regular updates and agree call resolution before closure.
- Making sure that a suitable level of first time fixes is achieved without escalating the problem.
- Housekeeping tasks, monitoring, checking and dispensing fixes for known issues as small as they may be.
- Creation of knowledge and solution guides.
- Contribute effectively to the establishment and maintenance of the departmental knowledge base.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
Requirements and prospects
- A good technical knowledge of Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
- Microsoft Office
- Understanding of network concepts
- Able and willing to follow instructions and learn new tasks
- Attention to detail
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Willing to organise own workload
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to communication superbly, both with technical and non-technical staff
Things to consider
About the employer
Plexus Law Ltd
Learners will receive twelve weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2017