**Peugeot Apprentice Automotive Technician Peugeot Motor Company Plc
Automotive Technician Apprentice working towards Level 2 and Level 3 Apprenticeship Framework
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Approximately 36 months
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
30 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Are you looking to start a career within the automotive industry?
Do you want to work for the company that came 2nd in the best apprentice employer of 2014 awards?
Are you self-motivated and results oriented?
This role covers a wide range of specialisms, including:
- Light commercial vehicles
- Electrics and electronic, known as an Auto Electrician
- Parts replacements
- Parts storage
- Stock orders
- Dealing with customers
Although the levels of skill may vary they are all jobs, which require concentrated, physical activity. You will gain in-depth knowledge of a vehicle and its systems. But you will also use high-tech equipment to find out what’s wrong with the vehicle and then use a range of tools to remove, replace or repair faulty or worn components.
These roles bring a great amount of satisfaction to individuals with a passion for problem solving.
Requirements and prospects
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Safety conscious
- Work well under pressure
- Time keeping
- Good communication skills
- Aged 16+
- Have a passion for the automotive industry
- Be committed to complete a 3 year programme
- A desire to continually develop
Candidates who fail to state their GCSE Results in Maths & English Language will be automatically unsuccessful.
You may also be able to work towards a Master Technician status over 4 years.
About the employer
Peugeot Citroën Retail is owned by the iconic brands in our name. We have over 40 dealerships in the UK and we sell more than 70,000 cars and vans a year.
That makes us a major player in the automotive world (and let’s face it, what a world to be in!). As the manufacturer-owned retail Group we aim to lead the way and our dedicated Apprentice Programme is looking for new talent who are confident that they have the X factor to do just that. Our people give us the edge.
For 2015 the service technician programme will now comprise of being split into two learning journeys, rather a longer 3 year programme, we well be able to offer a two year level 2 programme at service technician level.
The candidates who successfully complete their level 2
apprenticeship and who are eligible for our level 3 programme maybe enrolled onto our level 3 programme for another 12 months.
*Subject to meeting the level 3 entry requirements
- Level 2 NVQ, Level 2 Technical Certificate during the two year programme.
- 12 weeks of formal training at The Academy in Coventry during the level programme
- Courses start at 10.00am on a Monday to allow for travel or eliminate the Sunday night stay
- Functional Skills in the first 6 months
- Technical Training courses integrated into the apprentices learning journey
- Service Technician Development Plan
- Electric Vehicle level 1
Level 3 NVQ & Level 3 Diploma
- 6 weeks of formal training at The Academy in Coventry during the level programme.
- 5 day training weeks for level 3 programme.
- Courses start at 10.00am on a Monday to allow for travel or eliminate the Sunday night stay.
- Technical Training courses integrated into the apprentices learning journey.
- Maintenance Technician Development Plan
- Refrigerant & Gas Handling accreditation at the successful completion of level 3 programme (requires an additional day at The Academy)
- In addition to our level 2 and level 3 programme, learners will have Bespoke Academy development plans for apprentices, incorporating prerequisite
- e-learning & assessments linked to the formal qualifications
Peugeot or Citroen Service Technician during the Level 2 apprenticeship
Peugeot or Citroen Maintenance Technician qualification status is gained at the successful completion of all training and assessments for the level 3 apprenticeship.
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
Peugeot Citroen Apprenticeships
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Citroen Uk Ltd
Demi- lea Pargetter - firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017