Painting and Decorating Apprentice Sean Alvin Savile Pollington
Well established construction company SP Decorators are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Painting and Decorating Apprentice to join their expanding workforce.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2017
28 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out relevant trade duties on responsive & planned works as requested to Client Specifications and SP Decorators standards
- Carry out preparation and painting of internal & external woodwork, walls, doors, fencing and gates as directed
- Work at height using ladders and scaffolding as directed and in accordance with the Company’s safe systems of work
- Use authorised equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely
- Load and unload materials and equipment as directed
- Work flexibly across the repairs and maintenance service
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers to ensure the effectiveness of the repairs and maintenance service
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity by taking account of the needs of colleagues and service users and by treating other people with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service by being polite, showing respect for customer’s homes, maintaining expected standards of work, and tidying up at the end of a job
- Be aware of risk assessments and method statements relating to own area of work and to work in safe manner taking account other people’s health and wellbeing
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent practical skills and the ability to communicate effectively with others
- A basic awareness of Health and Safety in the workplace
- To be able to work carefully and pay attention to detail
- At times you'll need to be able to work at height
- Excellent customer service skills as you will be meeting customers
- You should have a positive attitude and be keen with an eagerness to learn
- You must be prepared to listen and follow instructions
- A good work ethic is essential
Possible progression onto an Advanced Apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Things to consider
About the employer
Sean Alvin Savile Pollington
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting
- Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating (77 Credits)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English (if required)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today