Apprentice Housekeeper with James' Places Waddington Arms
You will train as Apprentice Housekeeper under the supervision of the Head Housekeeper and will work as part of a team to gain experience in all aspects of housekeeping, including cleaning, kitchen and laundry.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Nov 2017
23 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As part of our friendly team, you will be responsible to the Head Housekeeper.
- To ensure that all customers are greeted using a positive and courteous approach, delivering excellent customer service at all times.
- Fulfill all reasonable requests from guests, to ensure their comfort and safety.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and presentation in all back-of-house area and customer areas.
- Service all bedrooms and corridors & public areas in line with company policy and standard operating procedures
- Create and work to daily job lists from the room status list, arrivals and departures list
- Complete all periodical tasks as directed by Head of Department/Manager
- Store all laundry in line with company policy and complete the required documentation
- Maintain the stocking levels and security of all consumables/resources and equipment
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to the Head Housekeeper
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Welcome and embrace change with a positive attitude
- Keep up to date with current promotions and hotel pricing, to provide information to guests on request while maximising bedroom sales opportunities
- Maintain personal knowledge by completing in house training and any external training the company feels is beneficial
- Be involved in and contribute at team meetings
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and multi task
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Flexible approach to work
- Clean and tidy appearance
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Level 2 in Housekeeping
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Jane Taylor/Paul Maguire 01254 292262
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017