Apprentice Chef TAGGART INN LTD
Are you an enthusiastic chef with excellent communication skills, a desire to learn & a keen interest in cooking with wholesome ingredients? Gain a Nationally recognised qualification in Professional Cookery with The George Pub, in the heart of Lambourn.
Closing date: 08 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Sep 2017
23 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The George Pub which is part of the Taggart Inn group, is situated in the heart of Lambourn and is a traditional village pub that offers fresh, wholesome cuisine with a professional and friendly service.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in cooking combined with excellent communication skills.
You will work with our dedicated team in the kitchen to ensure that we deliver a high quality service and impeccable food at all times, allowing our guests to have an enjoyable and memorable experience with us.
Main duties will include;
- Assist in the daily preparation and cooking of fresh meals with a high standard of presentation
- Ensure compliance with relevant Health and Safety and Food Hygiene requirements
- Work with the Head Chef to create new menus
- Manage stock rotation and clear labelling of food
- Maintain a tidy kitchen to ensure the cleanliness and hygiene of all areas are kept to a excellent standard
- Carry out regular checks of kitchen equipment
- Support the smooth running of the kitchen and the front of house staff to achieve the highest levels of customers satisfaction
- We are dedicated to providing support throughout your Apprenticeship and the weekly wage will be negotiable dependent on your experience and skills.
Flexibility in your hours of work will be required to cover various shifts
If you’re passionate about food and if you think you have the personal qualities and skills to become our Apprentice Chef, then we’d love to hear from you!
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Kitchen skills would be advantageous, including experience with knives
- Some experience with knife skills
- Good team player
- Can cope with the demands of a busy kitchen
- Keen to work towards Food Hygiene certificate
- Have a keen interest in cooking and be willing to learn.
- Hard working attitude
- Good time keeping
- Ability to use own initiative
- Well presented with good personal hygiene
We would like to support career progression within Professional Cookery and will be willing to provide additional training courses in different types of cookery and specialist skills to further your experience and knowledge.
Things to consider
- Please consider how you will travel to and from the Pub. The George is located in the village of Lambourn and there is limited public transport.
- We may be able to help you with transport from Newbury or Marlborough with other staff members, however for all other areas you would need to arrange your own travel and this would sometimes include late evening finishes.
About the employer
On-the-job training will be provided to achieve all aspects of the role requirements. On-going support will be offered by your Line Manager and your Newbury College Assessor to achieve the Apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship will include;
- Competency Based Element: NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Knowledge Based Element: Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery)
- Functional Skills in Maths & English (Both Level 1)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Assessment of your competency is carried out in the workplace by your Newbury College Assessor. Attendance at Newbury College will be required for the taught element of the programme – this is usually 1 day a week
If required, functional Skills tuition is delivered at Newbury College.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newbury College
Stefanie Josey / T: 01635 845229 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Sep 2017