Weybourne is seeking Health and Social Care Apprentices to provide a Service of Care to Service Users to enable them to lead as independent a lifestyle as possible.
Health and Social Care Apprentice
Closing date: 05 May 2017
40 hours Monday - Friday
Possible start date
06 May 2017
22 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- This Care Service will involve a programme of personal care and household management that is personalised for each Service User in the form of a Care Plan. Care duties will include assisting the Service User with the following activities (at all times observing and respecting dignity, privacy and independence of the Service User).
- Personal Care (dressing, washing, bathing, teeth care, hair care, nail care, continence management, day/evening night sitting services as required, assistance with stoma care)
- Healthcare - assisting the Service User to take prescribed medication. Dietary Care - Preparing snacks/meals, assisting with feeding as required. Other duties include domestic household services, personal services (assistance with personal finances to include paying bills)
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal and written skills in English
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Willingness to accept instructions
- Working on own initiative
- Excellent timekeeper
Minimum grade E in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
Possible permanent position.
Things to consider
DBS check required
About the employer
Weybourne care home, located in the leafy heart of Erith in the London Borough of Bexley, is a care facility providing residential care for older people living with dementia.
Weybourne provides a wealth of support services for people living with dementia, with the aim of not just providing care and comfort, but also a new, positive and more engaging stage in their lives. The team of qualified and attentive staff provide 24 hour specialist person centred dementia care.
The home provides a central courtyard garden that is safe and secure allowing residents to relax and enjoy outdoor activities.
At the heart of Weybourne is its Philosophy of Care, where social interaction and engagement is encouraged and boredom is eradicated by addressing the three plagues of loneliness, helplessness and boredom within the home.
Weybourne Old Peoples Home
1 Finchale Road
- Health and Social Care Level 2
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT if required
Health and Social Care
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
CANDIDATE MUST BE 18 OR OVER due to insurance, MUST BE WILLING TO UNDERTAKE NVQ LEVEL 2 AND OR LEVEL 3 IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE (together with Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1 or 2 as appropriate).
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 May 2017