Apprentice Nursery Assistant Blossoms Day Nurseries
An Apprentice Nursery Assistant is required to assist a team of qualified Nursery Nurses with the daily duties involved in caring for children.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
28 Oct 2017
21 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To work as part of the nursery team to provide high quality care and education for the children
- To supervise and play with the children
- To oversee activities which cover all areas of children's development
- To liase with and support parents and carers
- Undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery e.g preparing snacks and cleaning
- Ensure good hygeine and cleanliness is maintained at all times
- To support the team in providing effective planning for the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Ensure all nursery policies and procedures are adhered to
- To attend in and out of working hours activities e.g staff meetings
- To work in a professional, efficient and caring manner at all times
Requirements and prospects
- We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has the ability to work well in a team but who is also able to use their own initiative and work independently.
- The successful candidate will need to be a confident individual with a caring manner
- You will be required to work to training deadlines with good time management skills
- You will need to be a hardworking individual who has a proactive approach to their work
- You must be a good communicator
- You must endeavour to be a good role model to the children
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- A smart appearance is essential
- Willingness to succeed as a childcare worker
- No formal entry requirements are required as full training will be provided
- However, it is essential that you can demonstrate the ability to achieve Level 1 Application of Number and Communications as this is a compulsory part of the framework
- GCSE passes in Maths and English Language or equivalent are advantageous as evidence of this will exempt you from sitting the key skills tests
Things to consider
- You will be expected to attend off the job training hours at our Leicester training centre
- You will have to study and revise for tests as part of your QCF Certificate
- You will be expected to complete tasks set by your assessor within the given timescales
- You will be expected to work rotating shift patterns in the nursery from 7.30am - 6pm
- You will be expected to change and dispose of nappies if working with babies
About the employer
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017