IT Support Apprentice ALAMO BUSINESS SYSTEMS LIMITED
Alamo Business Systems are a highly experienced IT services and support company, located in Pontefract, Yorkshire
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
20 Jun 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
IT Support Apprentice
Please contact jasmine.sugden @estio.co.uk or call 01422 898 888
Alamo Business Systems are a highly experienced IT services and support company, located in Pontefract, Yorkshire. We provide high quality IT support and proven solutions to the SME and education sector based around the Fujitsu Siemens product portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initially to act a 1st line support help desk technician, raising and allocating problem tickets for clients on any IT related issue using our online systems.
- Answering Service Desk Calls in an efficient and courteous manner helping to resolve simple issues during the call.
- Escalating tickets internally to other team members as appropriate.
- Identify and isolate technical issues and initiate action as appropriate.
- Consult with technical colleagues to resolve complex IT problems and issues.
- Represent this company in technical forums and projects.
- Document and deploy technical process and procedures.
As an Apprentice Technician within this company, you will be expected to:
- Be interested in the IT environment away from the workplace, keep up to date with new technologies and read industry specific literature.
- Answer Service Desk calls and respond to client queries online or via email.
- Deal with technical problems accordingly and promptly, fixing issues where possible remotely.
- Escalate any issues that require more senior input to the suitable person internally.
Requirements and prospects
- Communicate with and support colleagues, customers, and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of standard applicable computing disciplines including change, configuration, problem, performance, and operational management.
Things to consider
About the employer
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017