An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Blue Bells in Yarm for an apprentice chef. You will work alongside the head chef to learn the aspects of the running of a very busy kitchen.
Closing date: 06 Apr 2017
Possible start date
13 Apr 2017
20 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated individual to work in our busy kitchens to assist with food preparation, cooking etc.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside the Head chef as well as other kitchen employees in food production.
- Assist kitchen staff in maintaining high cuisine standards
- Assist the line chefs in the production of different foods for example vegetables, meats and pastries
- You will adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Assist the chef in preparing and serving food to clients on time
- Maintain food safety when storing, hold and serving food
- Learn the importance of stock rotation and adhere to it.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Should love working with food
- Candidates should be able to listen and take instructions and follow these through to completion to a very high standard
- Need excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with staff.
- Need a high level of confidence
- Hardworking with a passion for the hospitality industry
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Be able to work as part of a team or unsupervised
- Personal hygiene must be maintained
- Must be enthusiastic, self motivated, keen to learn, punctual, reliable, honest and trustworthy.
A-E GCSE in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications, preferred by the employer.
A full time job for the right candidate on completion of the qualification
Things to consider
This role is physically demanding.
Your hours of work will consist of split shifts within the hours of 10.00am - 21.30m, Monday to Sunday.
This business is based in Yarm so please ensure you check how you will travel to and from work as you will be asked this question at interview.
About the employer
Sitting on the banks of the River Tees the Blue Bell commands an enviable position overlooking the river and has done so since the early 1700s. During this time the former coaching inn has gone through many transformations including one extension which incorporates a beam which was once part of the original Yarm Bridge.
It now boasts a new fully refurbished interior, two outside decking areas, a huge patio and an even larger beer garden.
Today the pub is renowned as one of the best drinking and eating establishment in the North East and has many accolades to warrant the reputation. A varied selection of draught and bottled beers, lagers and ciders are always available and we stock, probably, the biggest selection of wines available in any pub in the area. Added to the soft drink selection there is something for everyone's taste.
The food menu is acknowledged as the jewel in the crown and only fresh produce, supplied by local suppliers, is used. The choice is huge and ranges from steaks, mixed grills and sauce dishes to the local "delicacy" our huge Parmo. There is also a children's menu, desserts and a wide selection of coffee.
Operated by Mart'Inns the Blue Bell has not forgotten its local roots and holds 'Live Music' nights featuring local artists, quizzes BBQs and is proud to be one of the biggest contributors to local charity.
- Professional Chef NVQ level 2 Diploma
- Technical Certificate
- Key Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- On the job training will be provided by the employer.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Middlesbrough College
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Apr 2017