Totham Lodge is seeking Health and Social Care Apprentices to provide a Service of Care to Service Users to enable them to lead as independent a lifestyle as possible.
Health and Social Care Apprentice
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
40 hours Monday - Friday
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Aug 2017
23 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This Care Service will involve a programme of personal care and household management that is personalised for each Service User in the form of a Care Plan.
Care duties will include assisting the Service User with the following activities (at all times observing and respecting dignity, privacy and independence of the Service User).
- Personal Care (dressing, washing, bathing, teeth care, hair care, nail care, continence management, day/evening night sitting services as required, assistance with stoma care.
- Healthcare - assisting the Service User to take prescribed medication.
- Dietary Care - Preparing snacks/meals, assisting with feeding as required.
- Other duties include domestic household services, personal services (assistance with personal finances to include paying bills)
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal and written skills in English
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Willingness to accept instructions
- Working on own initiative
- Excellent timekeeper
- MINIMUM GCSE'S MATHS AND ENGLISH E GRADES or equivalent e.g. Functional Skills Level 1 or 2
- Possible Permanent Position
Things to consider
- DBS check required
About the employer
Totham Lodge is a first class residential home standing in seven acres of beautiful landscaped grounds. The home boasts of elegance, luxury and an excellent standard of care. We provide a unique opportunity for seniors wishing to live in comfortable surroundings along with the knowledge that their immediate requirements will be taken care of by trained and attentive staff.
Broad Street Green Road
- Health and Social Care Level 2/3 and functional skills in English, Maths and ICT if required
Health and Social Care
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
CANDIDATE MUST BE 18 OR OVER, MUST BE WILLING TO UNDERTAKE NVQ LEVEL 2 AND OR LEVEL 3 IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE (together with Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1 or 2 as appropriate).
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017