An exciting opportunity to begin your career with Parenta Training, working in an early years setting. Become an apprentice in one of our fun and friendly nurseries working with children aged from birth to five years gaining experience while you learn.
Springfield Community Flat
Closing date: 14 Apr 2017
30 hours a week min
Childcare Level 2 Duration12 - 18 MONTHS
Possible start date
15 Apr 2017
17 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Parenta have many opportunities available, and offer you the chance to ‘Earn as you Learn’ whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. The best part? There are no classes to attend!
We are currently hiring candidates to work in a nursery setting.
The moment your journey begins as an apprentice:
- You become an employed member of staff
- You will be paid an hourly rate
- You will work towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom based lessons.
- The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 12 months.
- You will be working towards a Level 2 or 3 diploma in Childcare.
Your role will include:
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector.
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children.
- Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day- to- day learning and play activities.
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well presented.
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner.
- To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas.
- Be able to understand and implement the setting’s confidentiality policy.
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment.
Ideally you will:
- Be passionate about caring for children
- Have an outgoing, bubbly, motivated attitude
- Be a committed, punctual and reliable individual
From 1 October 2016 the rate will increase by 3% to £3.40 per hour.
Requirements and prospects
- You will need good communication skills and be comfortable with creative thinking.
- It is helpful if you are confident with children, calm and organised
Friendly and outgoing with a willingness to learn
No GCSE Minimum requirement however if you would like to progress to Level 3 then you will need to have English and Maths A* - C Grade.
When you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to continue with an exciting career in childcare! Initially you will be working towards an NVQ Level 2 in Childcare, with a chance to progress to a level 3 after that.
Things to consider
Before you make your application, please ensure that you are able to reliably travel to and from the employer location on a daily basis. Please check bus times/travel arrangements.
For any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact 0800 0029242.
Please do not contact the employer directly.
About the employer
Welcome to Springfield Community Primary School, a one form entry primary school located close to the borders of Hackney and Haringey. Our school is an inclusive school where we focus on the well-being and progress of every child and where all members of our community are of equal worth. Parents, carers and community are key partners and we are committed to working together to promote educational achievement, raise children’s self-esteem and engender a sense of pride in our school and community.
Here at Springfield we believe that children learn best when they are stimulated by an exciting and challenging curriculum which motivates them to learn. We actively encourage children to be inquisitive about the world around them and we celebrate every child’s success. We are determined to give our children every opportunity to make the most of their abilities through a combination of excellent teaching, an inspirational learning environment and a rich, creative curriculum.
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics, English and ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Work based learning
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Parenta Group
100% Work based apprenticeship
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Apr 2017