Nursery Apprentice Springfield Community Flat
An exciting opportunity to begin your career with Parenta Training, working in an early years setting. Become an apprentice in one of our fun and friendly nurseries working with children aged from birth to five years gaining experience while you learn.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Childcare Level 2 Duration12 - 18 MONTHS
Possible start date
01 Aug 2017
17 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are currently hiring candidates to work in a nursery setting.
The moment your journey begins as an apprentice:
- You become an employed member of staff
- You will be paid an hourly rate
- You will work towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom based lessons.
- The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 12 months.
- You will be working towards a Level 2 or 3 diploma in Childcare.
Your role will include:
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector.
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children.
- Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day- to- day learning and play activities.
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well presented.
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner.
- To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas.
- Be able to understand and implement the setting’s confidentiality policy.
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment.
Ideally you will:
- Be passionate about caring for children
- Have an outgoing, bubbly, motivated attitude
- Be a committed, punctual and reliable individual
From 1 October 2016 the rate will increase by 3% to £3.40 per hour.
Requirements and prospects
- You will need good communication skills and be comfortable with creative thinking.
- It is helpful if you are confident with children, calm and organised
Things to consider
For any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact 0800 0029242.
Please do not contact the employer directly.
About the employer
Here at Springfield we believe that children learn best when they are stimulated by an exciting and challenging curriculum which motivates them to learn. We actively encourage children to be inquisitive about the world around them and we celebrate every child’s success. We are determined to give our children every opportunity to make the most of their abilities through a combination of excellent teaching, an inspirational learning environment and a rich, creative curriculum.
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics, English and ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Work based learning
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Parenta Group
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2017