An opportunity to work as an apprentice for a very busy hairdressers’ based in Braintree. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for hair and wants to be very skilled at all aspects of hairdressing.
Sheridans Ltd for Hair and Beauty
Closing date: 22 May 2017
Mon – Saturday plus evenings shift work 35hr p/w
Possible start date
29 May 2017
14 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Hairdressing Apprenticeship, duties to include:
- Mixing colours
- Stock – keeping it tidy
- Retail sales
- Learning all aspects of hairdressing on the shop floor
- Answering the telephone and making appointments
- Reception greeting and booking clients
- Maintaining salon – cleanliness, sweeping, cleaning sinks and floors, mirrors
- Supporting stylists – holding equipment
- Make tea and coffee
- Client care
- Will need to learn perming
Requirements and prospects
- Have a good idea about fashion and new fashions
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time keeping
- Passion for Hairdressing
- Presentable and trendy
- Really keen
- Positive attitude
- Willing to take part in additional training
- Local or ability to get to Braintree
Full time contract. Promotion to Level 3 Apprentice
Things to consider
You will be required to attend training at Chelmsford College one day a week as part of your Apprenticeship Course. You will have to work on a Saturday and some late evenings.
About the employer
Combined Hair and Beauty Salon established for over 10 years has a team of dedicated professionals who also have the 365 in house training.
This is a very busy salon with many regular customers who enjoy the experience of being pampered!
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma In Hairdressing
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
- Award in Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 May 2017