An exciting opportunity to begin your career with Parenta Training, working in an early years setting. Become an apprentice in one of our fun and friendly nurseries working with children aged from birth to five years gaining experience while you learn.
Playschool Nursery Ltd
Closing date: 31 May 2017
30 hours a week min
Childcare Level 2 Duration12 - 18 MONTHS
Possible start date
01 Jun 2017
15 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Parenta have many opportunities available, and offer you the chance to ‘Earn as you Learn’ whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. The best part? There are no classes to attend!
We are currently hiring candidates to work in a nursery setting.
The moment your journey begins as an apprentice:
- You become an employed member of staff
- You will be paid an hourly rate
- You will work towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom based lessons. The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 12 months. You will be working towards a Level 2 or 3 diploma in Childcare.
Throughout your role you are not alone. Parenta offer you full training, support, guidance and are here to help you progress your career. You even have a personal assessor/tutor assigned to you from the moment you start your journey as a modern apprentice.
Your role will include:
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children
- Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day- to- day learning and play activities
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well presented
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner
- To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
- Be able to understand and implement the setting’s confidentiality policy
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment
Throughout this role, you will gain extensive knowledge and experience within the working environment which will set you up for a great career upon completion. This will hopefully lead to permanent employment within the early learning year’s sector or even continue to the next level, undertaking further training.
Ideally you will:
- Be passionate about caring for children
- Have an outgoing, bubbly, motivated attitude
- Be a committed, punctual and reliable individual
The rate for apprentices (or if aged 19, for their first year only) is £3.30. This is the legal minimum pay per hour. Most receive more; a median basic hourly pay rate of £6.31 for Level 2 and 3, and £9.68 for Level 4 and 5 Higher Apprentices.
From 1 October 2016 the rate will increase by 3% to £3.40 per hour.
Requirements and prospects
You will need good communication skills and be comfortable with creative thinking.
It is helpful if you are confident with children, calm and organised.
- A willingness to learn
No GCSE Minimum requirement however if you would like to progress to Level 3 then you will need to have English and Maths A* - C Grade or equivalent.
When you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to continue with an exciting career in childcare! Initially you will be working towards an NVQ Level 2 in Childcare, with a chance to progress to a level 3 after that.
Things to consider
Before you make your application, please ensure that you are able to reliably travel to and from the employer location on a daily basis. Please check bus times/travel arrangements.
For any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact 0800 0029242.
Please do not contact the employer directly.
About the employer
Choosing the right childcare for you and your child is a huge decision. At Playschool Nursery we promise you the highest standards of care, provided by experienced, dedicated carers, with hi-tech facilities, in a homely environment.
Playschool Nursery is a privately owned, independent nursery. We keep investing in our facilities, attract and retain the best carers, and offer them the structure and support they need to build rewarding careers in the work they love.
Our aim is a simple one - to provide the highest quality of childcare. Over the years, we have applied this ethos to everything we do. From our buildings to our people - our early learning programmes to our nutritional menus. Everything at Playschool Nursery is designed to provide the best possible care for your child, in a safe and loving environment.
At Playschool Nursery we remain dedicated to our goal, and constantly re-evaluate our services, to make sure we offer parents and children a standard of childcare that is second to none.
When you place your child in our care, you can be confident that they will be cared for by professionals, who operate to rigorous policies and procedures.
You can trust that your child will benefit from a structured learning environment, and the opportunity to socialise from a very young age with their peers.
But most importantly, you can relax knowing that your child will get the kind of care, love and attention you would like for them whilst they are left in our care.
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics, English and ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Work based learning
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Parenta Group
100% Work based apprenticeship.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 May 2017