Workshop Apprentice for Superior Product ACE Contracts (London) Ltd
Based in immaculate warehouse that manufactures bespoke blinds for the luxury market to high quality to the clients specifications. If you have attention to detail and thrive off of producing top quality products then this is the perfect role for you!
Closing date: 04 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Aug 2017
14 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Checking goods in and out of the workshop.
- Assisting with unloading deliveries and thoroughly checking that the goods are correct and have not damaged during transit.
- Delivering goods to customer’s homes and suppliers as and when required.
- General housekeeping to ensure that walkways are clear and tidy.
- Completing health and safety forms.
- Stock control by updating Excel spreadsheets.
- Emailing quality reports which includes taking and attaching photographs of any defaults.
- Sending emails for stock control reports.
- Communicating with clients and suppliers face to face, over the telephone and via email.
- Manufacturing products using hand tools (full training and PPE provided).
- Adjusting products to the correct dimensions (if required).
- Testing and altering electric and manual blind systems and curtain tracks.
Requirements and prospects
- All applicants should be computer literate.
- Competency in MS Word and Excel is advantageous.
- Hard working, conscientious and able to use your own initiative.
- You will need to demonstrate enthusiasm, great team spirit and a desire to learn.
There is potential to develop into a permanent role plus opportunity to progress within the company for the right apprentice.
There will also be an opportunity to earn ad-hoc performance bonuses both during the apprenticeship and permanent employment. 23 days annual leave which includes Christmas shut down period.
Things to consider
About the employer
With over 25 years of expertise they are at the forefront of the blind and curtain market; providing custom designed, natural light solutions in prestigious residential developments, commercial interiors and public sector organisations throughout the UK and Europe.
Specialising in complex electrical projects they are involved from the initial phase of the project lifecycle; working closely with designers, architects to ensure that the products are installed on time, to specification and within budget.
- Level 2 Warehousing Apprenticeship
Full training will be provided on site.
Warehousing and Storage
Central Hairdressing & Joshua Galvin Academy
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Central Training Academy
Hayley Menere - 01702 331648
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
More information is available at: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Aug 2017