Child Care Apprenticeship. First Steps Private Day Nursery
First Steps Day Nursery are looking for a candidate to join their child care team to complete a qualification with them.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
08 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Help staff with both long and short range of activities
- Assist in play and stimulating games to play with children
- Record all accidents accurately
- Maintain daily and open communication with parents
- Cleaning duties essential
- All forms and documents completed
- Security adhered to and safeguarding policies and procedures adhered
- Arrange room environment to suit needs of activity
- Health and safety at all times within the nursery
- Equipment kept clean and tidy
- Closing down procedures followed
- Notice boards kept up to date
- Hand over to other staff members
- Varied play time from quiet reading to playing in the garden
- Working to curriculum as agreed with Centre Manager
- Recording accidents/incidents on the forms provided
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- To develop your role within the team
- Participate in the training programme of a wide variety of students (i.e, placements and volunteers) by giving guidance and support.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand, and when necessary follow, Child Protection Procedures.
- Ensure the nutritional needs of the children are met and Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
- Comply with the statutory framework for the EYFS and relevant legislation including the Children Act 1989 and 2004.
- To understand that as part of training you will required to move to other parts of the nursery
Requirements and prospects
- To contribute to a high standard of care for children placed within the nursery
- Give support to the other individuals within the nursery setting
- Communicate using different methods
- Listening skills
- Understand childrens needs
- Can do attitude
- Caring and compassionate
- Good sense of humour
- Team player
- English and Maths GCSE’s Grade C above or equivalent desired
Things to consider
- Is this the career path you wish to do?
- DBS is required for this job role.
About the employer
First Steps Private Day Nursery
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017