The applicants will have the opportunity to become a skilled export packer and case maker.
Export Packer and Case Maker Apprentice
Advance Packing Limited
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
Monday - Friday (9.00 am - 5.00 pm), 40 Hours
Possible start date
01 Mar 2017
07 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- The apprentice will have the opportunity to become a skilled export packer and case maker.
- At the end of the training the apprentice will be able to access to design a suitable packing solution for any piece of equipment Advance Packing Limited deal with.
- On site training will be given by Advanced Packing Limited’s most experienced workers.
- It will be continuous and delivered at a rate to suit the individual.
- All aspects of export packing and case design will be covered over the period.
- On a day to day basis the successful applicants will be making supply cases and crates in timber, plywood, OSB, Corrugated Triple Wall cardboard or other materials to suit as well as Tri-Wall Flight Cases and Export packing crates, all on a rapid turnaround basis.
Requirements and prospects
- An interest in practical skills and working with wood would be an advantage.
- Hard worker,
- Willing to learn.
- The entry requirement is a minimum of GCSE grade C in Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications).
- (All relevant factors will be taken into account but the proposed employer will determine what requirements they are looking for).
Once training is successfully completed the apprentice will become a full time member of the packing team. The future prospects are up to the apprentice. The present packing manager came as a raw recruit.
Things to consider
Can you get to the employer premises on a daily basis and our training centre on Pride Park for your day release at college?
About the employer
Advance Packing Ltd was formed in 1999 by Keith Large, Steve Hodson and Mike Bull, initially and primarily to compliment the services of Advance Forwarding Ltd, a well established and successful freight forwarding company. The knowledge and expertise brought in by Keith, gained over 10 years in the packing business, enabled the new packing company to hit the ground running and very soon be in demand as the preferred packer of numerous other forwarding companies.
With highly experienced and capable staff Advance soon built up an enviable reputation for high quality bespoke packing solutions utilising top quality materials and packing accessories.
Within 4 years business levels increased to the extent that more space was required. Therefore in 2003 Advance Packing moved into its own purpose built and designed premises in Melbourne, Derby. This brand new facility provided the catalyst to take the business to the next level. Over the next 10 years the company developed its procedures and services by specialising on niche markets and high tech equipment further enhancing its reputation for quality and service.
Keith, Steve and Mike are still actively involved in the business which now services over 200 customers nationally who all benefit from the vast experience and expertise gained over the last 15 years.
Your apprenticeship will include:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Engineering
- NVQ Level 2 in Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Technical Certificate in Engineering
- Functional Skills Communication (if applicable)
- Functional Skills Application of Number (if applicable)
- Functional Skills Information Communication Technology (if applicable)
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
Richard Davenport 01332 296995
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017