Export Packer and Case Maker Apprentice Advance Packing Limited
The applicants will have the opportunity to become a skilled export packer and case maker.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
07 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- The apprentice will have the opportunity to become a skilled export packer and case maker.
- At the end of the training the apprentice will be able to access to design a suitable packing solution for any piece of equipment Advance Packing Limited deal with.
- On site training will be given by Advanced Packing Limited’s most experienced workers.
- It will be continuous and delivered at a rate to suit the individual.
- All aspects of export packing and case design will be covered over the period.
- On a day to day basis the successful applicants will be making supply cases and crates in timber, plywood, OSB, Corrugated Triple Wall cardboard or other materials to suit as well as Tri-Wall Flight Cases and Export packing crates, all on a rapid turnaround basis.
Requirements and prospects
- An interest in practical skills and working with wood would be an advantage.
- Hard worker,
- Willing to learn.
- The entry requirement is a minimum of GCSE grade C in Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications).
- (All relevant factors will be taken into account but the proposed employer will determine what requirements they are looking for).
Things to consider
About the employer
With highly experienced and capable staff Advance soon built up an enviable reputation for high quality bespoke packing solutions utilising top quality materials and packing accessories.
Within 4 years business levels increased to the extent that more space was required. Therefore in 2003 Advance Packing moved into its own purpose built and designed premises in Melbourne, Derby. This brand new facility provided the catalyst to take the business to the next level. Over the next 10 years the company developed its procedures and services by specialising on niche markets and high tech equipment further enhancing its reputation for quality and service.
Keith, Steve and Mike are still actively involved in the business which now services over 200 customers nationally who all benefit from the vast experience and expertise gained over the last 15 years.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Engineering
- NVQ Level 2 in Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Technical Certificate in Engineering
- Functional Skills Communication (if applicable)
- Functional Skills Application of Number (if applicable)
- Functional Skills Information Communication Technology (if applicable)
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
Richard Davenport 01332 296995
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017