Skallywags are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children
Nursery Assistant Apprentice
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
40 hours Monday - Friday
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Aug 2017
02 Jun 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards.
- Working as part of a team
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Working with the nursery nurses on planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles, meal and snack times
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parents evenings, publicity , open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- GCSE's C or above preferable (or equivalent)
- Possible Permanent Position
Things to consider
- A DBS Check will be required
About the employer
callywags day nursery and pre school opened in Cambridgeshire over 20 years ago, with the aim of providing great childcare with plenty of outdoor opportunities. Today we are extremely proud of our excellent reputation, our fantastic, talented team, the relationship we have with our parents and of course the wonderful little people who spend the day with us!At Scallywags we are passionate about the Great Outdoors and make sure playing outside happens every single day. Our Westwick nursery is set in over four acres of beautiful countryside and has its own accredited on-site Forest School area led by our own, in-house, experienced and qualified Forest School leaders.
We aim to give every child a wonderful experience every day, building their confidence and self esteem, and having lots of fun while they learn.
Southwark Park Road
- Childcare Level 2/3 and functional skills in English, Maths and ICT if required
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017