We are looking for exceptional apprentice hairdressers, who have a passion for wanting to become a hairdresser. The Intermediate Hairdressing Apprenticeship training programme will last 12 - 15 months with the opportunity to progress to Level 3.
THE PERFUMERY LIMITED
Closing date: 04 Apr 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
30 hours including 6 hours training at the academy
Possible start date
05 Apr 2017
23 May 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Meet and greet customers.
- Shampoo and conditioner customers’ hair.
- Maintain a clean salon.
- Provide refreshments to the customers.
- Reception duties.
- Prepare customers for the stylists to cut, tint hair etc.
- As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to style hair and apply tint and colour.
- Your training will require you to demonstrate your competence in shampooing and conditioning, cutting hair, tinting hair, styling hair, setting and dressing hair and reception duties. Your skills and competence will be assessed on paying customers, either in our training salon or in your workplace.
Requirements and prospects
- Hairdressing is a fast moving, fashion orientated business, so you will need to be creative, enjoy meeting people and have loads of energy.
- You don’t have to be the academic type and there are no set entry criteria for the Hairdressing Apprenticeship
- Be well presented in all aspects including: clothing, hair and personal hygiene.
- Be practical and well organised.
- Be a good communicator with excellent social skills.
- Have attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature skills whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone.
- Be willing to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract.
- Have a high degree of dexterity and coordination.
- You won't need qualifications to apply but you will need the motivation and commitment to want to become a hairdresser or barber
Many apprentices are given jobs with the employers they trained with as Junior Stylists, others go onto further studies. Apprentices are often fast-tracked by their employers for promotion to more senior positions.
Things to consider
The apprenticeship programme will take up to 12 months to complete. During this time you will be expected to attend the academy one day a week and three to four days a week in the salon - you earn while you learn.
It is often a fast paced environment.
You may be expected to work Saturdays.
About the employer
Our Notting Hill Hair salon in Portobello Road is Taylor Taylor's newest award winning hairdresser in London!
Our West London hair salon is positioned on the corner of Oxford Gardens at number 309 Portobello Road, right in the heart of Notting Hill. Sitting firmly between the independent shops on the Golborne Road and the luxurious boutiques on Westbourne Grove our third London Hairdressing Salon is the perfect complement to our Shoreditch styling team.
Each of our Salons have their own individual style and our luxurious Notting Hill Salon is no exception. Discover our unique decor which has been inspired by the extreme Baroque extravagances of the French courts blended with the formality of the 18th Century England and finished off with a surprisingly modern industrial edge.
THE PERFUMERY LIMITED
Apprenticeships combine on-the-job and off-the-job training. This means you'll spend time in a hairdressing salon working and learning the hairdressing skills to develop your competence in hairdressing. You will attend one day a week at our state of the art London Hairdressing Academy training centre and salon, learning the underpinning knowledge and practical skills associated with hairdressing as well as important skills such as customer service, teamwork and retail skills including Maths and English.
You will gain skills, insight and experience with real clients, real work, real hairdressers and real products.
Apprenticeships are not qualifications in their own right. Instead they are a framework made up of many elements. An intermediate NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing which is a work-based qualification that is designed to ensure the apprentice is job ready. This will include the following:
- How to engage with customers
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Reception duties
- Cutting techniques
- Appointment making
- Styling techniques
- Preparation of client.
- Colouring techniques
- Product promotion services
- Key skills qualifications such as communication and maths
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy Limited
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Apr 2017