IT Support Technician Apprentice DATABAX LIMITED
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Technician Apprentice with Databax based in Manchester.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
13 May 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
IT Support Technician Apprentice
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 898 888
Databax have been a trusted Hosting & Data Backup Services Provider for over 13 years, Databax provide a full range of hosting services incorporating our ‘wrap around’ Managed Services suite - multiple choice hosting and support options with ‘Always on’ power SLA’s to ensure the total protection of your critical business data, information, applications and web and e-commerce sites.
Databax provide cloud hosting to businesses in Manchester and across the country, offering packaged and bespoke solutions to suit everyone from startups to enterprises. We also provide customer on-premise IT Support, Server Monitoring & Desktop Management services.
An opportunity has arisen for a candidate with a passion for IT Support to join a growing business and kick start their career in IT.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Be able to work methodically and accurate under pressure
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Prioritising and managing several open cases at one time;
- Have excellent telephone manner
Requirements and prospects
- Self-motivated, organised, excellent listening skills & superb communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner, rapid learning capabilities with a flexible analytical approach
- Must possess a positive attitude and be a team player
- Good customer service skills and have a helpful demeanour
- Able to use own judgement and initiative to take ownership of a problem and deal with appropriately
- Able to record information accurately
- Able to remain calm under pressure
• Computing related college qualification (if appropriate)
• A-Levels (Computing, Maths, Business Studies - if appropriate)
Things to consider
About the employer
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- Microsoft MTA - Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA – Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017