Apprentice chef DANNII GALLAGHER (NE) LIMITED
An apprentice chef vacancy for a very busy ice cream parlour
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Aug 2017
05 May 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Prepare, cook and serve nutritious meals in a hygienic environment, ensuring recipes and portion controls are followed
- To produce food to a high standard as directed by the Head Chef
- To learn and be responsible for the day to day preparation and serving of food
- To operate commercial cooking equipment
- To ensure the kitchen is hygienically clean throughout the day
- To adhere to health and safety regulations at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to maintain high levels of hygiene and cleanliness
- The ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions
- The ability to organise
- The ability to cope in a hot and busy kitchen
- You must be enthusiastic with the desire to succeed within the industry
- You must be flexible in your approach to work
- You must be an excellent team player and willing to learn new skills
Things to consider
About the employer
DANNII GALLAGHER (NE) LIMITED
- Level 2 Diploma in Food Production and Cooking.
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Food Production and Cooking).
- Level 1 Functional Skills English and Maths depending upon prior qualifications
Catering and Professional Chefs
SOUTH TYNESIDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Tyneside College
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour from the 1st October 2015. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today