Apprentice Nursery Assistant Hardingstone Day Nursery
Apprentice required to work in a private day nursery in Hardingstone, caring for up to 74 children per day. You will be required to work with children from 3 months to 4 years old and will be working as part of a team of 20.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
06 May 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Apprentice required to work in a private day nursery in Hardingstone, caring for up to 74 children per day
You will be required to work with children from 3 months to 4 years old and will be working as part of a team of 20.
- Adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Working as part of a team.
- Building effective relationships.
- Cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Supervision of meals and mealtimes.
- Laundry duties.
- Ensuring each room has sufficient flannels/bibs/sheets and emptying laundry bins and any other duties as required.
Requirements and prospects
- Must be Good natured, friendly, helpful, caring and patient.
- Must understand confidentiality and adhere to company policies.
- Looking for an extremely enthusiastic individual who can show common sense, is a team player, punctual, tidy and well presented.
- Must also take a mature approach with a willingness to learn and progress within childcare.
- Level 3 you will need to achieve C GCSE grades in Maths & English.
- Option to apply for permanent position as a nursery assistant if there is a vacancy.
Things to consider
- You must be able to travel to Northampton College for classroom sessions and also to and from the Nursery in Hardingstone.
About the employer
7.30 - 6.00 Monday to Friday. The nursery currently employs 20 staff.
Hardingstone Day Nursery
- EYE Level 3.
- Technical certificate in Children Level 3.
- Functional Skills.
- Paediatric First Aid.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northampton College
Chanelle spence 01604 734384
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the
first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017