To care for and supervise children in the nursery setting as advised by senior staff.
Nursery Assistant Apprentice
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
40 hours Monday - Friday
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Aug 2017
25 Apr 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Adhering to policies and procedures of Abacus Childcare Providers and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards.
- Working as part of a team.
- To implement the daily routine.
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Working with the nursery nurses on planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Keeping development records and observations.
- Positive management of children's behaviour.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles, meal and snack times.
- Laundry duties.
- Attendance of staff meetings.
- Participating in regular parents evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
GCSEs at grade C or above preferable (or equivalent qualifications).
Possible permanent position for the right candidate.
Things to consider
A DBS Check will be required.
About the employer
Nursery open all year round.
- Level 2 Childcare
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Aug 2017