Are you a passionate, caring person who would like to help create a positive environment for adults with challenging behaviour? An incredibly rewarding Apprenticeship has arisen for Care Assistants to join a growing Care Business in Nottinghamshire.
Apprentice Care Assistants
Closing date: 13 Apr 2017
35 Hours per week variable shifts 5 day out of 7
13 - 18 months
Possible start date
16 Apr 2017
22 Apr 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This role will report directly into the Care Home Manager.
To work as a member of a team to provide a caring environment for the service users, undertaking basic caring duties to meet the service users needs, respecting at all times their rights to dignity, privacy and choices.
- To carry out duties as delegated by the Home Manager or Team Leader.
- To assist service users with daily living activities including dressing, undressing, washing, bathing, feeding and other duties to meet the individual needs of service users.
- To support and help service users develop new skills.
- To plan and participate in activities for the service users both in and out of the home.
- To promote service users independence and integration into the community.
- To work and communicate with the staff team and other colleagues.
- To respond to changes and work flexibly in training.
- To take on N.V.Q. training and other training as requested.
- To act as keyworker for service users and advocate on their behalf.
- To undertake escort duties and accompany service users on holidays.
- To be aware of Health & Safety regulations and take reasonable precautions to ensure Safety at work.
- The duties and responsibilities of the post will be undertaken in accordance with the policies and procedures and practices of MGB Care Services, which will be amended from time to time
Requirements and prospects
- Have an understanding of the need for reliability and behave accordingly
- Basic numeracy
- To be able to work in a safe manner
- To be able to work as part of a team
- Ability to understand varying forms of discrimination
- Ability to understand and demonstrate a commitment to the organisation’s equal opportunities policies
- Basic record keeping and report writing
- Demonstrate understanding and empathy
- Positive attitude toward the development of people with a learning disability
- Ability to take responsibility
- Good communication
- A commitment to people with learning disabilities
Full training provided throughout the qualification.
For the right person this apprenticeship will lead onto a full time role.
Things to consider
There is shift work involved in the role including night shifts. You will be required to work at other MGB sites if required.
About the employer
As an organisation, MGB Care Services believe everyone has the right to live as a citizen with full rights in the community, irrespective of disabilities.
Within their group, they have 6 Care Homes which accommodate adults with challenging behaviour. The age range can be from 18 to 65. The homes are based in Tibshelf, Sutton in Ashfield and 3 sites in Nottingham.
MGB Care Services are committed to caring for the individual with learning disabilities to lead as near a normal life as possible and to genuinely improve the individual’s quality of life and for those around them, however severe or challenging their disability or behaviour.
- Health & Social Care Level 2 NVQ includes technical certificate and functional skills.
- PLTS, ERR workbook.
- Candidate will have full rights and responsibilities as standard employee.
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learning Unlimited
Adam Black 01246 500 500 ext 4131
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Apr 2017