Food and Beverage Level 2 Apprenticeship The Dartmouth Arms
A fantastic opportunity for a passionate individual to enter the world of Hospitality joining the kitchen team at the Dartmouth Arms.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2017
21 Apr 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
A fantastic training opportunity has arisen for a Food and Beverage Apprentice to work as part of the kitchen team at The Dartmouth Arms.
- Meeting and greeting
- Serving behind the bar
- Taking food orders
- Waiting on tables
- Liaising with the kitchen and management to ensure good customer service
- General cleaning and tidying
- H & S awareness
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Own initiative and common sense
- Level headed and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills for taking orders and cash payments
The successful candidates will be outgoing and confident with a smart and presentable appearance. They will be friendly, professional, and will fit into a team who have worked together for many years. They must have the ability to work under a little bit of pressure, and be willing to work weekends and during busy evening periods
GCSE qualifications at grade C or above in English and maths or the ability to work towards Level 1 Functional Skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
The Dartmouth Arms is a fabulous local pub and restaurant. Boasting a superb, high-quality, seasonally changing menu, the restaurant is open for both lunch and dinner seven days a week.
- A well-stocked bar with several real ales
- A range of craft beers and excellent wine
- A great kitchen serving lots of good food
- There is plenty of space both inside and out to enjoy all this and more so come on down
- Find us on the Dartmouth Road in Forest Hill, close to the Station and in the centre of town.
- Level 2 Food and Beverage Apprenticeship to include:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food and Beverage Service (QCF)
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- (Food and Beverage Service) - QCF
- Level 2 Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 1 (if applicable)
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2017