An exciting opportunity for a level 2 Apprentice to join the team at The Wingfield Arms in Montford Bridge
Kitchen Services Level 2 Apprenticeship
Closing date: 30 May 2017
30+ hours per week.
Possible start date
14 Jun 2017
15 Apr 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The Apprentice will work towards the Level 2 qualification.
The duties will include:
- Assisting in the kitchen
- Prepping and cleaning
- General tidying
- Adhering to food hygiene standards
- Assisting head chef
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who can take instruction with excellent listening skills
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Ability to work within a team, but has the initiative to work unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy kitchen environment.
- Good organisational skills
The role will appeal to someone who is extremely passionate about working in hospitality. The successful apprentice will have high levels of personal hygiene, be extremely reliable, and will have previous cooking experience.
Good understanding of numeracy and literacy.
GCSE qualifications at grade C or above in English and maths or the ability to work towards Level 2 Functional Skills
Further training and/or full time employment will be on the table for the right candidate based on performance during the Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Due to the nature of the role, the Apprentice will be required to work a variety of shift patterns to include evening, weekends, and bank holidays.
About the employer
The Wingfield Arms is a family run pub. Landlord Anthony Stephen Parker and Wife Julie Parker own and run the pub. Located on the banks of the river 7. We offer an extensive menu serving fantastic home made food
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Services (QCF)
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- (Hospitality Services) - QCF
- Functional Skills Maths (Level 1)
- Functional Skills English (Level 1)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Catering and Professional Chefs
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Need own shoes with rubber soles
The Current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour from the 1st October 2015. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 May 2017