This vacancy is for a Business Administrator Apprentice for Portway Solicitors who are well recognised for their expertise in various areas of Law.
Apprentice Receptionist Administrator
Closing date: today
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
35 hours per week Mon - Fri
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
26 Apr 2017
15 Apr 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are a team of select legal experts that practice immigration law, personal injury law, employment law, Wills and probate and Litigation. Our working culture is what guides us to work together to provide the very best service for our clients.
This position is to provide administrative support a team of solicitors in their day to day law practices. Represent the company in a friendly and professional manner to our clients and associates. Contribute to the smooth running of our office and business.
All duties and responsibilities must be carried out with in line with client confidentiality and the data protection
- Answering telephone calls in a polite and friendly manner taking accurate information and messages
- Greeting clients and welcoming them to the office
- Making client appointments and managing the diary
- Photocopying and scanning documentation and correspondence
- Filling and retrieving documentation and maintaining an organized and accurate filling system
- Responsible for all inbound and out bound post
- Calling external parties/organisations regarding our client’s cases
- Drafting letters by dictation from solicitors
- Preparing bundles and documents for court
- Monitoring and ordering office and stationary supplies
- Overseeing the maintenance of the photocopier ensuring it is fully operational at all times
- Other reasonable tasks delegated by management from time to time
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator with an excellent telephone manner who can provide good customer service.
- Self motivated, able to use common sense and own initiative to complete tasks to a high standard.
- Able to take instruction well, organized and focused.
- Efficient and punctual.
- Reliable and trust worthy.
- Respectful and mature
- Professional, approachable and honest
- Friendly, keen and enthusiastic
- Able to contribute constructively to a team environment
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Commitment to high standards
- Understands of the importance of confidentiality
- A commitment to the aims of Equal Opportunities
- Flexible cover for holidays and sickness
- Willing to roll up sleeves
- Friendly disposition
- Sense of humour
After the successfully completion of this Apprenticeship you could progress to the next level apprenticeship.
Or you may take your new skills, experience and qualification to secure a permanent position within a Law or administration setting.
Things to consider
Applicant may be required to complete a DBS check
Please check your commuting distance/time and role description before applying
About the employer
Solicitors based in Barking covering admin and Law.
Training will take place at Lifecare in Stratford on alternate Fridays.
- Level 2/3 Diploma is Business Administration
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in English*
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in Maths*
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in ICT*
*Applicants who have previously achieved equivalent qualifications may be exempt from completing some/all of the functional skills. GCSE's A-C are exempt for Functional Skills.
Applicants who have previously obtained GCSE's D-G will be offered progression to Level 2 Functional Skills.
Business and Administration
QDOS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lifecare Qualifications Limited
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour from the 1st October 2015. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today