Professional Cookery Level 2 Apprenticeship The Woodbridge Inn
An exciting opportunity for a level 2 Apprentice to join the team at the Woodbridge Inn
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Sep 2017
11 Apr 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The Apprentice will need to have basic knife skills level 1. The apprentice will work towards the Level 2 qualification in Professional Cookery.
The duties will include:
- Helping with the daily running of the kitchen
- Basic prep of meat, fish and vegetables
- Taking in orders and replenishing stocks
- Stock rotation
- Shadowing sous chef and head chef
- Making sweets and desserts
- Following health and safety guidelines
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who can take instruction with excellent listening skills
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Ability to work within a team, but has the initiative to work unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy kitchen environment.
- Willing to get involved and learn all aspects
- Constantly observing
GCSE qualifications at grade C or above in English and maths or the ability to work towards Level 2 Functional Skills.
Things to consider
Needs to have own trousers, shoes and hats
About the employer
The Woodbridge is situated on the banks of the River Severn, a mile downstream from Ironbridge in Shropshire and is named after the wooden bridge the once connected the pub to the village of Coalport on the opposite bank. The pub was built at the same time as the bridge in around 1785.There are lots of interesting corners and nooks to squirrel away in, or more open places if you’re in a more gregarious mood. We have a substantial raised deck at the first level to provide an outside drinking and eating area overlooking the river, and a sunny garden room which also looks out over the river.
The Woodbridge Inn
Level 2 Professional Cookery Apprenticeship to include:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food and Beverage Service (QCF)
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- (Professional Cookery) - QCF
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 2 (if applicable).
Catering and Professional Chefs
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017