Professional Cookery Level 2 Apprenticeship Sutherland Arms
An exciting opportunity for a level 2 Apprentice to join the team at the Sutherland Arms
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Sep 2017
08 Apr 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The apprentice will work towards the Level 2 qualification in Professional Cookery. The duties will include:
- Helping with the daily running of the kitchen
- Setting up kitchen by turning on ovens etc
- Salad and veg prep
- Reducing wastage
- Taking in orders and replenishing stocks
- Stock rotation and ordering
- Shadowing head chef with all duties
- Preparing starters and desserts
- Following health and safety guidelines
- General housekeeping
Requirements and prospects
Someone who can take instruction with excellent listening skills
Excellent timekeeping and attendance
Ability to work within a team, but has the initiative to work unsupervised
Ability to work under pressure in a busy kitchen environment.
Willing to get involved and learn all aspects
- The role will appeal to someone who is extremely passionate about becoming a chef.
- The successful apprentice will have high levels of personal hygiene, be extremely reliable.
Good understanding of numeracy and literacy.GCSE or equivalent qualifications at grade C or above in English and maths or the ability to work towards Level 2 Functional Skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
The Sutherland Arms in Tibberton is run by the Newman family (Andy, Ruth, Harry & Matt) and their wonderful team of friendly and professional bar, waiting and kitchen staff who all strive to ensure you enjoy your visit.
Everyone at Sutherland Arms works closely together to guarantee you a warm welcome, a good selection of red, white and rosé wines Real ales from around the country and a delicious variety of freshly prepared food.
Our Lunch Club menu offers you a 3 course lunch for only £8.50 and our evening menu starts at just £5.05. Our Chef also has a selection of special dishes cooked to order.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food and Beverage Service (QCF)
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- (Professional Cookery) - QCF
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 2 (if applicable).
Catering and Professional Chefs
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017