Apprentice Chef to work in kitchen at 2 rosette Country House Hotel, preparing and cooking food in all sections of professional kitchen from a European menu.
Closing date: 28 Apr 2017
37 hours per week
Possible start date
22 May 2017
31 Mar 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To Assist the Head Chef/kitchen team:
- Food Preparion for the main a la carte menus for lunch and dinner for hotel guests and non-residents
- To assist in preparation for breakfast service.
- To ensure portion control is followed in line with budgets.
- To ensure that you maintain all kitchen equipment and tools as per guidelines.
- To prepare cakes, pastries and biscuits for the restaurant service for hotel.
- To ensure stock and security of building is maintained and report issues as required.
- To adhere to food hygiene and food safety standards at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Eager to learn
- Innovative and experimental with food
- Experience of cooking/kitchen is an advantage
- Good timekeeping
- Passionate about industry
- Good Communication skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Calm and polite
- Well presented
- Inspiring and Innovative on new menu ideas
- Energetic and eager to learn.
You will need to have GCSE’s in the A* - E range or equivalent. You will also need to complete an initial assessment at College, which will help us guide you to the most appropriate English and Maths programme to meet your needs.
Progression onto Sous Chef and Level 3 apprenticeship.
About the employer
Charlton House Hotel, is part of the Bannatyne Group, and is a 26 bedroom luxury hotel nr Shepton Mallet, Somerset.
Working for the Bannatyne Group is more than just a job. We are an equal opportunities employer and are constantly looking for enthusiastic dedicated people to join our team.
The Charlton House Hotel and Spa is situated in the rolling hills of the Mendips in Somerset, this beautiful country house boats 26 individually designed bedrooms, a stunning conservatory, Spa and conference and banquet facilities. With the ambience of a private country retreat where relaxation comes naturally, Charlton House Hotel is a popular location for leisure and business stays as well as spa packages.
C & G L2 Diploma in Professional Cookery (FL272/AM1)
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by BRIDGWATER COLLEGE
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Apr 2017