Hospitality Apprenticeship Southwood Farmshop & Nurseries
An excellent career opportunity for an outgoing, ambitious individual interested in a customer service role within hospitality & catering. The successful candidate would suit those looking to pursure a career in this industry.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
12 - 18 Months
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
31 Mar 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:-
- Meeting & greeting customers
- Actively respond to serving & taking customer orders from the menu
- Preparing hot & cold drinks
- Preparing/Serving desserts
- Pot washing
- Waiting on tables
- Dealing with cash & operating a till
- Assisting the chef/cook
- Replenishing & monitoring stock levels
- General housekeeping
- Plus any other related duties
Requirements and prospects
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sound work ethic
- Excellent customer service
- Strong team player
- Sound communication skills
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Good positive, friendly attitude
- Organised & focused approach
- Pleasant & confident demeanour
Please Note - This is a front of house role & therefore a clean, smart, well-groomed appearance is essential.
- An enthusiastic & friendly approach to work
- Polite, well mannered & courteous
- Friendly, happy & outgoing
- Not afraid of demanding, hard work
- Reasonably confident
- Must be willing to listen & learn
Dress code: Black trousers/skirt (strictly no jeans), black flat, comfortable footwear: Long hair must be tied back: Strictly no nail polish & no visible tattoo's or body piercings. A company t-shirt will be provided.
Please be aware that as part of the apprenticeship, we will train you up to Functional Skills Level 2 if you do not already possess maths & English grades A*-C.
Things to consider
About the employer
Southwood Farmshop & Nurseries
YH TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by YH TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
- Staff uniform consists of a company t-shirt & will be provided
- Free hot & cold drinks will be provided
- Free car parking
- Company are committed to training & developing each member of staff to reach their full potential
- The employer will consider a wage review after 3 months - subject to satisfactory progression.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour from the 1st October 2015. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017