Hairdressing Apprentice at Viva Viva
In the heart of Soho, Viva has firmly established itself as one of London's leading hair salons, delivering innovative style. A suitable candidate should be able to work well with people, have good communication skills and personal presentation skills.
Closing date: 28 Jul 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Jul 2017
23 Mar 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assist stylists
- Meet and greet clients
- Shampoo/condition hair
- Keep salon tidy
- Make teas and coffees for clients
- Attend training sessions within the salon and at college to learn basic skills in hairdressing.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Friendly and reliable
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Good team player
- GCSE A-C Grade in English and Maths desirable but not essential (or equivalent)
- Complete apprenticeship at NVQ Level 2 and progress to junior stylist within salon.
- Possible opportunity to further own skills by completing Barbering NVQ level 2 and/or Hairdressing NVQ Level 3.
Things to consider
Training sessions in salon on models.
Day release to college for training at Central Hairdressing Academy.
Central Training Group will contact you via E-mail or Post once application is received. You will then be required to attend an Initial Assessment and Information Session with Central Training Group. Your details will be passed to the employer; they may contact you either via e-mail or phone.
About the employer
Our stylists are regularly in demand for advertising campaigns, fashion shoots/shows and music videos and our clientele includes numerous well known figures from the worlds of music, art, film, fashion and journalism.
- Full in-house training to be provided by the employer, along side attending Joshua Galvin Academy to work towards and complete your NVQ Level 2 qualification in hairdressing.
Central Hairdressing & Joshua Galvin Academy
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Central Training Academy
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Jul 2017