A fantastic opportunity for 2 passionate individuals to enter the world of Hospitality.
Kitchen Services Apprentice
Closing date: 14 Apr 2017
30 hours per week.
minimum of 12 months
Possible start date
28 Apr 2017
24 Mar 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
A fantastic training opportunity has arisen for a Kitchen Services Apprentice to work as part of the kitchen team at The Drayton.
Responsibilities will include:
- Helping to prepare food and drinks
- General tidying and washing up
- The Apprentice will be required to replenish stocks within the kitchen
- In time help the chef to develop the menu.
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who can take instruction
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team, but has the initiative to work unsupervised
- Level headed and ability to work under pressure
The role will appeal to someone who is looking for a career in hospitality who has the passion, flair and imagination to develop their enjoyment of hospitality into a professional career. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, who is able to take instruction and work quickly to ensure the best guest experience is delivered.
Good understanding of numeracy and literacy.
GCSE qualifications at grade C or above in English and maths or the ability to work towards Level 1 Functional Skills.
Things to consider
The Apprentice may be asked to work up to 30 hours per week and will be paid £3.30 per hour.
About the employer
The Drayton has been established for 13 years and is currently trying to secure evening covers to be able to open extra hours. It is run by a reliable team of people which sees a very low turnover of staff. by a reliable team of people which sees a very low turnover of staff.
- Level 2 Apprenticeship Kitchen Services or Level 2 Front of House
- Level 2 Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 1 (if applicable)
Catering and Professional Chefs
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
As this is a role within a busy kitchen environment, the successful candidates must expect to work a variety of shift patterns including weekends.
The Current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour from the 1st October 2015. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Apr 2017